Jump to content

Recommended Posts

My interest in this got piqued by madstacks post recently. I've been taking a closer look at it, and liking what I see but it is very confusing to begin with. I'm really interested in Cryptos that pay a dividend as well as have the potential to boom in future. Like NEO with GAS, and my long-shot for the future VEN with THOR

After an initial test.... I bought some BTC yesterday ( at $10,200) and purchased 104 Steem with it, turned that 1:1 into Steem Power and using the minnowbooster website delegated 99 of them to another user which will gain me an extra 3.6 Steem in 4 weeks. Works out about 37% APR.

What is noticable is that during todays BTC crash with all Alts bleeding STEEM has held up remarkably.

As well as potential returns for delegating, because it takes 13 weeks to power down your Steem Power back into STEEM i'm thinking it could be an excellent place to store Crypto profits during a BTC crash.

Worth a look I think, I also notice that Binance just listed it too!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Topic Author
  • Moved this here so I don't annoy generalissimo xD

    11 minutes ago, madstacks said:

    just a cent or so i think, all helps:) i just used a service on your steemit post - if you delete the https:// and replace it with "re" it will resteem it to a few people - it takes you to a screen asking for 0.50sbd but you can backspace and forget that ^^

    Done. (I think!)

    Quick question.... after your delegation is over do you have to wait 7 days before you can do give it to someone else or have I read that wrong?

     

    Edited by metallica73

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    I like steem for the passive income potential too, it can be used for other things, I am using it to croudfund towards the motorhome I am saving for! 

    If you join this discord channel you can upvote one video every 24 hours, it currently ads 0.16cents to your post.

     

    Congratulations! This post has been upvoted from the communal account, @minnowsupport, by Madstacks from the Minnow Support Project. It's a witness project run by aggroed, ausbitbank, teamsteem, theprophet0, someguy123, neoxian, followbtcnews, and netuoso. The goal is to help Steemit grow by supporting Minnows. Please find us at the Peace, Abundance, and Liberty Network (PALnet) Discord Channel. It's a completely public and open space to all members of the Steemit community who voluntarily choose to be there.

    If you would like to delegate to the Minnow Support Project you can do so by clicking on the following links: 50SP, 100SP, 250SP, 500SP, 1000SP, 5000SP. 
    Be sure to leave at least 50SP undelegated on your account.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    3 minutes ago, metallica73 said:

    Moved this here so I don't annoy generalissimo xD

    Done. (I think!)

    Quick question.... after your delegation is over do you have to wait 7 days before you can do give it to someone else or have I read that wrong?

     

    That is correct, but as far as i can see that cooldown period is factored into the APR rate:)

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
  • Topic Author
  • 5 minutes ago, madstacks said:

    If you join this discord channel you can upvote one video every 24 hours, it currently ads 0.16cents to your post.

     

    Congratulations! This post has been upvoted from the communal account, @minnowsupport, by Madstacks from the Minnow Support Project. It's a witness project run by aggroed, ausbitbank, teamsteem, theprophet0, someguy123, neoxian, followbtcnews, and netuoso. The goal is to help Steemit grow by supporting Minnows. Please find us at the Peace, Abundance, and Liberty Network (PALnet) Discord Channel. It's a completely public and open space to all members of the Steemit community who voluntarily choose to be there.

    If you would like to delegate to the Minnow Support Project you can do so by clicking on the following links: 50SP, 100SP, 250SP, 500SP, 1000SP, 5000SP. 
    Be sure to leave at least 50SP undelegated on your account.

     

    Thanks, i'll look into that when I have time. Do you have to delegate to them? I'm not overly used to discord but joined it because of profittrailer

    4 minutes ago, madstacks said:

    That is correct, but as far as i can see that cooldown period is factored into the APR rate:)

    Even better then!

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Nope dont have to delegate to them at all, they have several channels - one called "upvote" you just put "$upvote" space then the link to the topic you want to upvote, but the post must be at least 35 mins old i think.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
  • Topic Author
  • 21 hours ago, madstacks said:

    Nope dont have to delegate to them at all, they have several channels - one called "upvote" you just put "$upvote" space then the link to the topic you want to upvote, but the post must be at least 35 mins old i think.

    Done! (Different discord username though)

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
  • Topic Author
  • 4 minutes ago, madstacks said:

    cheers mate did wonder if that was you:) i tried doing your one but you need to be above rank 25 

    Not a problem. How do you get above 25? More posts, engagement with the site?

    I guess they don't like you upvoting the same person constantly either.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    upvoting the same person constantly, including yourself is fine:) its your voting power to choose how to use it. you can monitor it here https://steemd.com/@metallica73 the rank is directly influenced by upvotes as far as i know, so yep will grow in time. I think when your first post pays out you will go above 25.

     

    Looks like your at 100% so can vote on a few things, I think 10/12 votes per day is optimal as it will recharge to 100% within 24 hours.

    Edited by madstacks

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
  • Topic Author
  • Ah yes i've seen that page when I signed up to delegate to someone. It's fascinating how steemit is totally transparent for everyone. It's a good job I haven't posted about some clingfilm fetish or something lol

    I just upvoted one of your comments and still 0.00 unfortunately. Need some more SP

    Judging from this site

    http://www.steemdollar.com/dollar_per_vote.php?name=metallica73

    My votes are only worth half a cent at the moment, so need to get some more Steem.

     

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Hahaha yep thats totally true! , my gfs account is at a similar effective SP to your account and her posts also dont quite pay a cent yet, but did when the price was a bit higher so a steem price rebound could fix that, but yep more SP always good:) 

    I started steem back in august but left, wish i stuck with it now ^^

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
  • Topic Author
  • 10 minutes ago, madstacks said:

    I started steem back in august but left, wish i stuck with it now ^^

    Same, I joined in August but rarely used it. I think the delegation thing must be fairly new otherwise a lot more people would have seen the earning potential of it?

    My only trouble is lack of things to post about and the fact i'm not very good at it!!

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    I thought your post was well written, but the fact i have learnt with steem is until your a whale no matter how good your content is it probably wont be seen. Consider crowdfunding for something, it feels cheeky at first but it really isnt, unlike sites like gofundme where you are asking people directly for money, on steemit you are just asking for an upvote, I have raised quite a bit towards parts for the motorhome in the 10 days I have been doing it! 

    https://steemit.com/upfundme/@madstacks/upvote-crowdfund-project-self-build-motorhome

    If you do decide to do this copy the tags i use at the bottom, it can be for anything, some want drones, some want computers, i want parts for a motorhome, you can repost it daily, any upvotes you get will increase your rank. If you do make one i will upvote you and so will christina and we will do this daily.

    My posts generally make at least 3 SBD now, but this is mostly because i am part of shadowbot.

    https://shadowbot.us/shadowbot/dashboard.php

     

     

    Edited by madstacks

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
  • Topic Author
  • 10 minutes ago, madstacks said:

    I thought your post was well written, but the fact i have learnt with steem is until your a whale no matter how good your content is it probably wont be seen. Consider crowdfunding for something, it feels cheeky at first but it really isnt, unlike sites like gofundme where you are asking people directly for money, on steemit you are just asking for an upvote, I have raised quite a bit towards parts for the motorhome in the 10 days I have been doing it! 

    https://steemit.com/upfundme/@madstacks/upvote-crowdfund-project-self-build-motorhome

    If you do decide to do this copy the tags i use at the bottom, it can be for anything, some want drones, some want computers, i want parts for a motorhome, you can repost it daily, any upvotes you get will increase your rank. If you do make one i will upvote you and so will christina.

    My posts generally make at least 3 SBD now, but this is mostly because i am part of shadowbot.

    https://shadowbot.us/shadowbot/dashboard.php

     

     

     

    I shall look into both of those...

    whats this bit on the shadowbot FAQ

    Does ShadowBot manage claiming my rewards?

    Yes, ShadowBot automatically claims any outstanding rewards you have earned without you having to do anything. You can not turn this feature off, but why would you really want to?
     
    Does that mean the button that appears at the top of your wallet page with curation/author rewards?

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    yep it auto collects any curation rewards, I joined when i left steemit and let it do its thing, when i came back i had moved up 40 ranks.

    Its working well for me now, but will take time to get going.

     

    It takes into account your steem power so you have an advantage over new users who have not added steem to their accounts.

    Edited by madstacks

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
  • Topic Author
  • 8 minutes ago, madstacks said:

    looks like you joined shadowbot mate?

    I did yesterday, not fully understanding yet what some of the terms are... what's the shadowreward? Is that the amount on the post that has come from shadowbot members?

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    yep thats right:) i noticed grandpawhale has voted for you, as your rank goes up your vote% will grow, when that guy upvotes me thats worth $1.50 now at rank 43

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
  • Topic Author
  • 3 minutes ago, madstacks said:

    yep thats right:) i noticed grandpawhale has voted for you, as your rank goes up your vote% will grow, when that guy upvotes me thats worth $1.50 now at rank 43

    So did the bot autovote grandpawhale for me because i'm in the list of posts to be voted on at shadowbot? I guess thats how it works.

    Another thing.... had to talk myself out of dumping my 5 remaining NEO into this!! The returns on STEEM are a lot higher.

    Where do you see the Steem price after we've got this darn BTC dump out of the way... I think its recent high was $7-8?

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    yep thats exactly right, priority is given to those with higher steempower and those who let the bot do their voting for them. This will increase your shadow rank and rewards. 

    I know the feeling, but neo is such a solid project i did talk myself out of it and only transferred a little.

    I think $10 should be on the cards, no reason why it cant be at least in the top 20.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Thanks for the minnowsupport upvote :) 

    I gave you one too, made a bigger price difference because your account is newer i think, put you strait upto rank 29 so i think its deffo upvote related the rank.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
  • Topic Author
  • 21 minutes ago, madstacks said:

    Thanks for the minnowsupport upvote :) 

    I gave you one too, made a bigger price difference because your account is newer i think, put you strait upto rank 29 so i think its deffo upvote related the rank.

    Holy crap.... just seen it. Thanks.

    Whilst I was in the discord chatroom I saw someone got banned because their posts weren't good enough? Weird. If you are sure that its ok to use minnowsupport upvote on the same user every 24 hours i'll upvote your new posts daily. My steem posts will be a lot more sporadic for now xD

    I'll have to bite the bullet and get an extra 20-30 SP just so my votes carry some weight. I understand now why you should always keep some for yourself.

     

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    That would be great mate thank you:) can you upvote my gfs account as she is new and it will have a better impact on her account https://steemit.com/@flutterby29 I will also do your vids when i see them. 

    That must have been awful for minnow support to ban them! but i have seen some dire posts like simply" i feel good today" or some other spam so could have been that.

    When you let sp run to low your bandwidth gets used up and you cant perform any actions at all, first time it happened i thought my account was broken lol,

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
  • Topic Author
  • 4 hours ago, madstacks said:

    That would be great mate thank you:) can you upvote my gfs account as she is new and it will have a better impact on her account https://steemit.com/@flutterby29 I will also do your vids when i see them. 

     

    Will do, once my 24 hr period ends tonight some time.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now

    ×