The above banner is a Google Ad. Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this banner and all google/sponsored ads.

Hi guys 😃

What’s your short term crypto plan? What are you looking at? Anything you think could be interesting?

At the moment my plan is to change some neo into xrb as it due to be listed in binance soon so should see a pump.  On the pump I’m gonna take about the neo I put in, hopefully leaving me with some free xrb. I think xrb is gonna do well this year as the transaction speed is quick and it’s free to send.  Perfect for arbitrage.

Step two is to save my neo, maybe buy some more for the ontology release in a few mths.  Sink about a grand into that and wait until it 10x’s.  This is obviously subjective and it might not work but we all live in hope.

Ive been looking at spankchain 😃. My thought is that the adult online sex industry is massive.  Spank could have a good real life application in payment for online services.  It’s only 30p on cryptoia and could get listed on bigger exchanges soon. I’m still in the research stage with it so we will see.

• Like 1

The above banner is a Google Ad. Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this banner and all google/sponsored ads.
17 minutes ago, Lea79 said:

Ive been looking at spankchain 😃. My thought is that the adult online sex industry is massive.  Spank could have a good real life application in payment for online services.  I’m still in the research stage with it so we will see.

If you were a man, i'd have left some snidey comment like 'Oh... Research, sure......' :D

As a relative crypto noob my targets are currently to build up my NEO as my base, add VEN as my speculative punt if it keeps dipping and then use trading to increase positions in both. And take a little gold out now and again.

When the current market settles a bit I think i'm going to try the trading bot on Bittrex... see what I can passively make in a year.

• Like 1

I'm taking a bit of a gamble and am very heavy in to ZClassic at the moment ready for the Bitcoin Private fork.  My plan is to sell enough ZCL just before the fork at the highest possible price to take my original stake out and then leave the rest to get the matching BTCP.  If I come out the other end with a decent gain then I'll have more funds to re-invest elsewhere.

I need to plan my exit strategies better as I missed a good opportunity with DBC - at one point I was 4x up but its currently back to just over break even.  I should have sold at least half and be sitting on effectively free tokens.

I think I'll have a dabble in the Kodak ICO seeing as its the first big name to enter the field - I reckon that could do well in the short term purely just on hype.

Spankchain sounds interesting - definitely an industry with lots of money as you say!

Other than that I'm investing more in to mining shortly as the figures are looking good and I want to get as many GPUs as I can before the prices go through the roof again.  Currently up to 9 GPUs on one rig but hopefully within the next few weeks I'll be up to a total of 26 across 2 rigs.  Also looking in the trading bot that @metallica73 and I have been discussing on another thread.

• Topic Author
  • I will have to look at trading bots.  What is the average % income? I haven’t looked at ven either.  It’s good to kno what other people are looking at if for nothing else but to learn about new coins.  

I was thinking about  taking some profits out in gold before March as it’s the end of the tax yr.  I looked at sharps pixey yesterday as they seem to be cheaper than bitgild.  

I've recently started sticking with fewer, larger cap coins rather than taking a punt on smaller ones and chopping & changing. At one point my Bittrex wallet had 8 or 9 coins but now I'm down to just ADA, BCH and some BTC for anything else I fancy, I have a 'permanent' stash of BTC, XRP and NEO on my Ledger which I have no plans to move.

I'm also looking at the trading bot and may go for it at the weekend when I have a few hours to spare. It may be a bit of an effort to get going but it should be worth it. I joined a chat community and it seems once you're happy with settings 1-2% daily isn't unrealistic.

Edited by scotbit
    • Like 1

I have recently sold enough to now be riding almost free (my investment after sales is around 3% of coin worth after this dip), it is now almost impossible for me to lose money - but i can lose profit. I hope taking this step will make me have strong hands with neo, if it all goes to shit i can at least be happy i had a shot at some big money with no actual risk. 

I have no bitcoin anymore. , just neo. I will use 20% of what i have to trade as i see fit and the other 80% is stored on ledger earning gas:)

My initial stake (about 3k) is now in waiting - and ready to be reinvested should the market really crash hard.

Edited by madstacks
    • Like 1

• Topic Author
  • I’m pretty much in the same position. I have 700 quid of my money in with just over 13k portfolio.  Will prob take that 700 out in gold at some point.  11k is in neo so the dividends r nice and my money is pretty safe.  

I still have a bit of Bitcoin.  Mostly because I’m too tight to pay the 30quid transfer fees lol. Prob have a few hundred quid then in small cap coins to hopefully increase at some point.  

• Like 1

• Topic Author
  • @scotbit let me know how the trading bot goes.  I’m interested in giving it a go.

• Like 1

its a nice position to be in:) still hard watching profits drop from a peak of 20k yesterday to 14k today though! that said neo has been on an amazing run and long term could be a real winner.

• Like 1

I've put a total of £550 into it, and pulled out a 1/4oz Gold Griffin.

Everything I hold now is probably about £1.5k

If it all goes to crap then meh..... I've lost way more in the past gambling (which thankfully I no longer do!)

I may put more into it after the bloodbath, to do the trading bot thing. Will be interesting to share results/strategies if a few of us end up doing it.

• Like 1

• Topic Author
  • I think the same way.  If it all goes tits up I’ve had fun doing it.  The drops are not fun but the ups are awesome 😃.

Im thinking about swapping a few neo for the neo ico coins that have suffered so badly recently, dbc/rpx/qlc ect - but i dont want to let my neo go lol.

Should try and not get emotionally attached to it lol...should those coins rise against neo soon could lead to more neo!

hmmm

Like everyone else I wish I got in sooner, but my £800 on BTC last year is now worth about £5k and another £800 I put in before Christmas is worth around another £2500. I have been eyeing up gold dealers to cash out at least half of my initial stake and fancy a Mex 50 peso, which before getting into crypto I'd never have thought I'd ever buy :D

• Like 1

Just now, scotbit said:

Like everyone else I wish I got in sooner, but my £800 on BTC last year is now worth about £5k and another £800 I put in before Christmas is worth around another £2500. I have been eyeing up gold dealers to cash out at least half of my initial stake and fancy a Mex 50 peso, which before getting into crypto I'd never have thought I'd ever buy :D

Yes, part of the sceptical side of me got into Crypto because I didn't have the funds to buy Silver or Gold as regularly as i'd like. Sadly my first few posts on this forum were about BTC and 'have I missed the boat at $3,800' lol...

Anyone buying during this meltdown?! Over $300 billion down from the total crypto market cap high. I wonder where it's all going?

was tempted to buy some, but wanted to see if bitcoin breaches the 10k mark, if that happens it will accelerate even more i guess, but I am ready to make a buy if it does,

Currently just checking how much value of holdings have gone down today 

giphy.gif

Edited by madstacks
    • Like 1

Not got alot invested but $950 yesterday in Stratis is now $550 :( I will hold though as its all free money as the initial investment has been returned.

Going to sleep now & in a way I hope it keeps getting smashed so I can put £300 more into it at a very low price.

Have you not been tempted to sell and buy in cheaper? If I tried that it would shoot up immediately.

I'm currently deploying the hold and pretend its not happening, and look at the damage when the fallout is over...

I'm tempted by some BTC though for the bot lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, shawy2510 said:

Not got alot invested but $950 yesterday in Stratis is now $550 :( I will hold though as its all free money as the initial investment has been returned.

Going to sleep now & in a way I hope it keeps getting smashed so I can put £300 more into it at a very low price.

The thing is this can bounce back stupidly quickly once it goes, i'm quite confident in what i'm actually invested in long term so it softens the blow.

I’ve tried selling on the way down with several coins in the hope of buying back even lower.  But 9 times out of 10 I’ve managed to buy at the bottom just before the massive bounce!!  I’ve stopped trying now!

Cripes, BTC has officially lost 25% of its value in 24 hrs. Are we going to see sub-10k?

The thing is you need to be buying with fiat and i'm not on coinbase, so limited to whatever Bittylicious want to hawk on top for themselves.

Saw this on reddit, everyone needs hope right?

3z4nzmgw5ia01.jpg

The 25% BTC has lost is still one of the lowest losses among the top cryptos. Ripple is currently down 44% from yesterday!